Expose methods to uncover or lay something bare, or to discover something in a way that others know very well what it is. Expository comes from exposition, which is a noun of ‘expose.’ An essay that is expository a genre of writing which tends to explain, illustrate, clarify, or explicate something in a fashion that it becomes clear for readers. Therefore, it could be a study, evaluation, if not argumentation about an basic idea for clarification.
Types of Expository Essay
- Descriptive Essay: original essay writing a essay that is descriptive something, some place, some experience, or some situation through sensory information.
- Process Essay: a procedure essay explains or shows a procedure of making or doing something.
- Comparison Essay: A comparison essay makes comparison and contrasts between a couple of things.
- Cause/Effect Essay: A effect and cause essay finds out the cause of something and then its effects on something else.
- Problem/Solution Essay: A problem/solution essay presents a nagging problem and its particular solution for readers.
As it is clear, an essay that is expository an exposition, explanation, investigation, or illustration for the purpose of clarification, therefore, its tone is actually kept neutral. However, in an argumentative essay, a clear position about something is taken before the argument is presented. There isn’t any problem of objectivity or neutrality.
Types of Expository Essay in Literature
Example #1: How Chinese Mothers are Superior (by Amy Chua)
“I’m utilizing the term mother that is‘Chinese loosely. I know some Korean, Indian, Jamaican, Irish and Ghanaian parents who qualify too. Conversely, i understand some mothers of Chinese heritage, more often than not born within the West, who are not mothers that are chinese by choice or elsewhere. 继续阅读“Expository essay is further divided into five major categories.”