- My paper avo >I and now we.
- I’ve utilized the voice that is active feasible.
- We have defined specific terms that may be unknown to visitors.
- I have tried personally clear, simple language as much as possible and avoided jargon that is unnecessary.
- My paper states my viewpoint utilizing a balanced tone—neither too indecisive nor too powerful.
along with checking the points noted on Checklist 12.3, review your paper to ensure your language is accurate, conveys no connotations that are unintended and it is free from biases. Here are a few of this true points to check on for:
- Vague or imprecise terms
- Repetition of the identical expressions (“Smith states…, Jones states…”) to introduce quoted and paraphrased product (For a complete set of strong verbs to make use of with in-text citations, see Chapter 13 “APA and MLA Documentation and Formatting”.)
- Exclusive usage of masculine pronouns or use that is awkward of or she
- Usage of language with negative connotations, such as for instance haughty or r >
Making use of nouns that are plural pronouns or recasting a phrase makes it possible to maintain your language sex basic while avoiding awkwardness. Think about the after examples.
- Gender-biased: When an author cites a supply into the human anatomy of his paper, he must record it on their sources web page.
- Awkward: When a journalist cites a source into the human anatomy of his / her paper, she or he must record it on his / her sources page.
- Enhanced: Writers must record any sources cited in the human anatomy of the paper regarding the sources web web page. 继续阅读“Remember that term option can be an aspect that is especially important of”